Tuesday, July 11, 2006

VIVA LAS VEGAS BABY!!!

Hello Everyone!

I know it's been a while, I was soo busy last month getting ready for our vacation. When I got back I was busy catching up at work.

First of all my nephew Matt turned 16 on June 26, so Happy Birthday Matt. He is in the process of looking for a car (actually, today, he is in Florida).

So let me tell you about the day of our departure. We left on June 12 and it was a busy day. My mom, sister and Summer all left their vehicles in my driveway so it was packed. I had to take my parents to the airport, take my dog to the kennel, run by the bank and then get me, Summer, Josh and Larry to the airport. My sister, Angie, was the one that transported us, she didn't leave for California until Wednesday, they didn't go to Vegas. When we get to the B'ham airport my mom, and both my sisters and their families were still there. All of them had earlier flights than we did and were suppose to be gone already. Apparently, Alberto, had different plans. My mom finally got to leave the Ham and made her connnection in Atlanta to Vegas on time. My sisters were rebooked on our flight from B'ham to Atlanta. Then when we got to Atlanta they were put on our connecting flight to Vegas because they had missed their connection. We were suppose to leave Atlanta at 7:30 ended up not boarding til 9:30. In the mean time Larry and my brother-in-law decided to vacation early and spent their time in the bar. I, having watched too much of that show Airport, was worried that they wouldn't let them on the plane. After all, that's all they show on that show is people getting drunk and not getting on the plane. However, they both made it on, and after two hours of sitting on the runway we left for Vegas. Because of Alberto the ride was very bumpy, worse plane ride I've ever had. Oh and they upgraded my sisters and their families to first class since they had missed their connecting flight. Which pissed me off because after all my plane had been delayed 4 hours and we didn't get squat.

So we went to Las Vegas for five days and then Los Angeles for five days. Larry didn't want to go to California so he came home earlier than the rest of us did. We had fun gambling in Vegas, visiting with relatives, sunning by the pool and eating. Josh was stopped twice by two girls who asked him if he was Orlando Bloom, we were like you should have told them yes. We were excited about spending time with our cousins and seeing them again after years of not seeing them.

We all rented cars and drove to California. My first stop in California was to visit my dad. I hadn't seen him in 7 years. Way to long. He had a stroke 7 years ago and that was the last time I was there. He is paralyzed on his right side, so he has to stay in a wheel chair. We took him to Knotts Berry Farm to eat and the other days we just brought him food. He really didn't want to go any where, it was really hot while we were there. We were able to spend Father's day with him and he said that that was the best Father's day he'd ever had.

We of course went to a couple of beaches namely, Huntington Beach and Santa Monica Pier, did some shopping, some eating and a lot of walking. This wasn't my first time at either of these beaches but it was nice to visit them again. For those of you who don't know, I grew up in California and moved here when I was 14. It was Summer's boyfriend Josh's first time there, as well as my cousins from Florida. So we did the Hollywood thing. Our cousins had a bar-b-que while were there and it was some of the best food that I have had. All in all we had fun.

We left California, went back to Vegas, gambled some more and then got on the plane to head back home. Much better ride home and we got a good view of the Grand Canyon.

So after I got home the house was a disaster! Can't really blame Larry he did have to work 12 hour shifts while I was gone but dang. So I cleaned. Went to work. Had piles of paper work to do. So I actually had to put in a few extra hours to get caught up. The first week I was back I actually worked about 6 hours a day. That is a major change for me lol.

This past Sunday we celebrated my twin niece's, India and Nikkie, birthday. They turned 15 on July 8. They were excited, of course, about getting their permits. The girls have really blossomed and have become beautiful people. We were worried about them when they lost their mother back in May 2003 but they are really close to my mother and they are doing well. So Happy Birthday Nikkie and India!

Well, I think that pretty much sums it up for now. I have a few more things I wanted to blog about but since this is a long one I'll do it later. Take care!

Have a blessed day!

Valerie

No comments: