Monday, May 12, 2008

Yeah It has been a LONG time!

Hello Everyone!

Yes I am still alive. Sorry I haven't updated meant to do it a hundred times and just haven't got around to it.

Let's see the last post was of Summer's baby shower. Well as you probably know she had a beautiful healthy bouncing baby boy on October 16, 2007 at around 5:30 p.m.

It just doesn't get any better than that!

Well they scheduled the birth because the doctor was going to be out of town. Summer and Josh had to be at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. I got there around 5:30 or so. I was nervous the whole day. Summer did great. We had been waiting and they told us it would be sometime in the evening. Everyone in my family was there and Josh's parents, and his sister and her family were there. Angela, Josh's mother, and I were just strolling down the hall, they had asked us to leave so they could check her progress, and when we walked back into the room they were like he's coming! Angela took off to tell everyone and Summer was upset because she thought I was going to miss her give birth. No way! It was an amazing experience! Every daughter wants her mother there when she gives birth and I am so glad that I was there.

Josh, myself and Nurse Trish were right there waiting for the birth. The doctor hadn't got there and before we knew it Summer had already had him. When he finally came I grabbed my cell phone and called and told everyone in the waiting room. I had already sent a picture through the cell then I went back to the waiting room with more pics. I wanted to give Summer and Josh a few minutes alone with the baby. Well I was trembling and crying myself. lol It was quite an experience. Several people in the waiting room were crying too. So me and Angela went back to the room because she hadn't got to see him yet. Here's a pic of when we both got to hold him for the first time.

Larry cried several times while Summer was pregnant and the baby's birth was no exception. The first time he heard the baby's heartbeat he cried lol. Then he cried when he felt the baby kick Summer. Now that the baby was here he cried the first time he held him. Don't tell him I told you though. lol This picture isn't the first time Larry held the baby, I think that might be on Summer's camera, but here's one shortly after he came home (plus it's my favorite).

Well Summer took to motherhood like a pro. She is a great mom. I'm going to sign off for now but promise to be back and catch you all up on our lives since last October.

Have a blessed day!

Valerie

No comments: