Monday, November 20, 2006

Iron Bowl 2006

Hello Everyone,

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted since September. I'll have to let ya'll know what's been going on in the next blog though. Hopefully it will be in the next couple of days. I just wanted to post this picture of my two guys.



This was taken this past Saturday before the Alabama/Auburn football game. As you can see spirits were high as we were getting ready for the big game. We were all decked out in our Alabama shirts and ready to cheer on the Crimson Tide. Don't Chico and Larry look cute!



Unfortunately the high hopes and high spirits we had vanished by the middle of the fourth quarter. I think this year should be known as the year they gave it to Darby every first down. I like Coach Shula and have defended him a lot this year but I can't understand some of his play calls. I mean if it doesn't work the first dozen times don't keep doing it. Everyone in the state knows your going to give it to Darby the first down and the second down and so you have to throw it on the third down because your third and long. I mean lets change it up a little.

Getting a phone call from my mother with my father cheering in the background didn't help matters. Mom's for Alabama, Manuels for Auburn. Then my overly happy cousin Tammy calls from Florida and rubbed it in even more. So I said "Well we beat you 9 times straight in the 80's" and she said, "Well were in the 2000's now baby!". My lame comeback was "Well we'll get you next year". I hate that!!!! I was soooo ready to beat Auburn this year.

So I guess I'll close for now and get back to work. All that's left to say, with pride, is ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a blessed day!

Valerie

No comments: