Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Happy Anniversary To Me!!!

Hello Everyone,

I have been so MIA lately. I am sorry, it has a been a very hectic and busy last three weeks or so for me. I am hoping that finally things are back to normal. That being said, I hope to get around to commenting and visiting all of you this week! Can't wait to catch up with anyone. Today is a special post for me!

It is my and hubs' wedding anniversary!!! I have been with this man for almost 16 years now. We have been married for 11. I am not going to tell you that he is perfect and wonderful. Because he isn't! Neither am I!! But we are still very much in love and very happy.

He is the one person that can send me to the moon and also the one to bring me back crashing down ready to tear his head off!! He is so aggravating at times that I just think WHY OH WHY am I here!!! He is so loving and sweet at times that I think I am the luckiest person in the world.

We are so very different. About the only thing we really had in common when we met was that we both loved Alabama football. Roll Tide Roll!!!! (sorry I just had to put that in there. lol) Over the years we have learned to like SOME of the same music, SOME of the same television shows and SOME of the same foods. We still have a lot of different ideas and opinions. It isn't rare to hear him say 'I give up' or me to not push a point. As I am sure you know, you have to give a little. One of the hardest lessons I have had to learn about being married is to pick my fights. Patience is another thing along with counting to 10 - or 100 - or 1000!! lol

But as I said what it boils down to is that we love each other. We want to grow old older together. I have posted already on several Musical Monday's a lot of 'our' songs. But here is another one! I couldn't find a video for it anywhere so I hope you enjoy listening to it. It's Clay Walker's "That's Us".






Sometimes I ignore reality
But baby that's me
I've always been a dreamer
You'd rather face the cold head truth
But baby that's you, you called it like you see it
Half the time my head's up in the clouds
And you're the only thing that keeps me on the ground

That's us
As different as the night and day
That's us
But the good Lord had planned it that way
That's love
He looked down and knew
A man would need a woman's touch
Two souls come together and make one
That's us

And when I feel I just can't go on
The dreams have come and gone
I know you'll always be there
And when that old cold truth is hard to face
I'll carry you away
Years from now I'll still care
In rockin' chairs we'll share old memories
Made up of part of you and part of me

That's us
As different as the night and day
That's us
But the good Lord had planned it that way
That's love
He looked down and knew
A man would need a woman's touch
Two souls come together and make one
That's us


Larry I love you!!! Your my best friend, my hubs, my lover, my protector and my go to guy! lol I hope to grow older with you and to be loving you forever!

Have a blessed day!


Photobucket

12 comments:

Bridgette said...

Happy Anniversary and ROLL TIDE!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hau`oli Piha Makahiki! to you both. Congrats. Wonderful song :)

Liz Mays said...

Happy Anniversary to you!

I'm completely different from my husband too. Sometimes it just works that way. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your Hubs!!!

Brooke said...

Happy Anniversary!

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary!

Just dropping in from SITS.

Annette Piper said...

Happy Anniversary - its so lovely to hear a happy marriage story. Here's to soul mates!

Helen McGinn said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations and I hope you had a great day! x

Audra said...

Thanks for following! I can't wait to read more from you too!

Audra

Connie said...

What a great song!

Happy Anniversary!

2Wired2Tired said...

Stopping in from SITS.

Happy late anniversary. I hope you had a wonderful day.

scrappysue said...

hello there - your card arrived today - thanks so much! the beautiful dove magnet is already adorning my bridge!

we lived in georgia in the 90s and made several trips to alabama - i'm familiar with 'roll tide'!

nice to 'meet you' and happy anniversary!