Thursday, December 24, 2009

When A Child Is Born

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

This is my favorite time of year! I love everything about Christmas. But one thing that bother's me is the real reason of Christmas gets overlooked. So I thought this video is appropriate. I hope you watch the whole thing. 







When a child is born

A ray of hope flickers in the sky
A tiny star lights up way up high
All across the land dawns a brand new morn'
This comes to pass when a child is born.

A silent wish sails the seven seas
The winds of change whisper in the trees
And the walls of doubt crumble, tossed and torn
This comes to pass when a child is born.

A rosy hue settles all around
You got the feel, you're on solid ground
For a spell or two no-one seems forlorn
This comes to pass when a child is born.

And all of this happens because the world is waiting
Waiting for one child, black, white, yellow - no one knows
But a child that will grow up and turn tears to laughter
Hate to love, war to peace and everyone to everyone's neighbour
And misery and suffering will be words to be forgotten, forever.

It's all a dream, an illusion now
It must come true sometime soon somehow
All across the land dawns a brand new morn'
This comes to pass when a child is born.

This comes to pass when a child is born.
Is born.
Is born...

I love Christ! I love the fact that my Father thought that I was worthy enough that he sent his only son to save me. Can you imagine? Who would give up their child to save a sinner? He is worthy of our praise. He is worthy of our Love. He is worthy!!! For those that know me personally you know the difficulties I have faced in my life. For all of my wonderful bloggy friends I have shared with you some of them. If you are here for the first time I want to tell you that I have been blessed way beyond what I deserve. My Father has spared my life so many times and blessed me so many times that I just can't see why He thinks that I am so deserving of His blessings, love and mercy. Or why I was ever worthy enough for Him to give his only son to save me.

My God is a wonderful God!! If you don't know Him why not say the following prayer and make Him your Savior. I promise you it will be the best decision you have ever made!!!

Heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned against you and that my sins separate me from you. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my sinful past and turn to you for forgiveness. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my Savior and the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to convict me when I sin. I pledge to grow in grace and knowledge of you. My greatest purpose in life is to follow your example and do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

God Bless You!!!



Your Merry Christmas may depend on what others do for you. But your Happy New Year depends on what you do for others.


Have a blessed day!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our sermon tonight was "God Is King!"

Merry Christmas!

Veronica Lee said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Pennie said...

Val, what a beautiful post! Thank you for putting a reminder of what Christmas is all about.