Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hump Day

Hello Everyone,

Well it's Wednesday and thank God. Just two days left and then the weekend. I'll be busy this weekend. Summer is in a pageant Saturday night so everyone wish her luck. I'm always excited and nervous when she's in a pageant.

Yesterday I went to watch my nephew, Cody, perform in the Gardendale Elementary lip sync show. It was funny and real good. He was in several of the lip syncing spots but his main one was he was Micky for the little cheerleaders who sung "Micky", you remember - "oh Micky your so fine your so fine you blow my mind". He danced in a leather jacket while they sang, it was really cute. I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up.

Monday Larry and I went around the block a couple of times on the Harley. Neither one of us put a helmet on, we were out in the driveway and just decided to go around the block. I haven't rode with him yet because I still have to go get a helmet, I haven't had time to, and we still need to go get a back rest for the bike. It was ok riding without a back rest but I prefer one, it's just more comfortable and you don't have to hold on to the driver for dear life. At any rate, when we get back from Vegas we are going to buy the back rest and some saddle bags for it. Then we'll be doing some serious riding. Right now he is just riding on short trips. Last night he went to bike night at Homefield and won $21 from the drawing they had. He'll probably be going there every Tuesday now, the other place he was going to he didn't like much. I must say though it was fun and felt good to be on a bike again.

By the way, Larry always names his vehicles. The Harley is named Beverly. Why you ask? Because Larry's uncle for the last 13 years has called me Beverly, every time he sees me, he knows my name but he calls me Beverly anyway. So since he is the one that initiated the buying of this Harley, Larry decided to call it Beverly. His last bike was named Bertha, don't ask, I don't know why he called it that.

The visitors have finally started coming over in the afternoon or evening. I am so glad, I hate to wake up before my alarm because someone is at the door. It's funny, Larry is working on the weekend so that's why he rides during the week but I don't know when these guys work, they come at all hours and I'm like what shift are you on. If they work during the day, sometimes they are out riding til 11 or 12 in the evening and I'm like how are they getting any rest to go to work the next day. If I don't get 8 hours I'm done.

So you know your getting old when you get out of bed because you hear the doorbell ring but there is no one there. So while I was walking back to my bedroom I heard it agian. It was then that I realized it was my cell phone. I had changed my text message tone to a doorbell. Now that's pretty bad isn't it?

Well that's all I have for now. Everyone take care and I'll post later.

Have a blessed day!

Valerie

2 comments:

Jody said...

Yea! Someone else names their vehicles! I just sold Calpurnia, the 1985 Volvo last week, and today I will probably finalize a purchase of Audrey (a 1999 Volvo). FOr now I am driving Atticus, my husband's dirty ole Toyota work truck.(I found your blog while browsing. Hope you don't mind!)

Valerie said...

Hey Jody,

Thanks for the comment. My husband names all his vehicles. He has a new truck and a riding mower but I can't recall their names right now. I hope you like my blog and come back.