Friday, May 08, 2009

Magnificent Motherhood Party

Hello Everyone,


First I need to apologize to Kelley over at The Lawrences. We had a blog swap and I told her I would be posting my pictures from what I received from her today. But - when I left for work I forgot to get my camera. So sorry Kelley, I promise it will be up tomorrow!



Kendra over at My Insanity is having a Magnificent Motherhood party today. She will be having a Mr. Linky up later this afternoon if you want to hop over and see who other bloggers have given this award to. We are suppose to "choose a special blog to recognize this Mother's Day, write a post about it, and link up to my post, so we can have a collection of Magnificent blogs about Motherhood at our fingertips".

I know a LOT of Mom's with great blogs, as I know all of you do to. But the first person that came to mind was my friend Alicia. I know a lot of you know her and her blog Yaya Stuff. There is not a blog out there that is more focused on Motherhood so that is why I am giving this award to her.

Alicia is a mom. Her whole blog is about becoming a mom. Though her babies, Flicka and Finn, are in heaven, she is still a mom. I have been reading her blog for quite a while now. She makes me cry, laugh and celebrate. Her courage is extraordinary. She is determined to become a mother again. Some how, some way.

Alicia and Josh are an infertile couple. They have been on this roller coaster for quite a while now. They are currenlty going through the process of fostering and then adoption of a child.

I have never met Alicia IRL but we have exchanged emails and twice she has sent me cards. That is just how sweet she is. I can't say enough about her. You are just going to have to hop over and see what a great person she is for yourself.

In closing I just want to say that I will be thinking of Alicia and Josh and all the other parents who blogs I have come across who are infertile, lost a baby or have a sick baby on Mother's Day. Remember if you know of someone that has lost a baby, they are still a mom and a dad. So remember them on Mother's Day and Father's Day.

Alicia I hope you like this award because I can't think of anyone that deserves it more!!

Have a blessed day!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fabulous choice!! She so deserves it!

The Blonde Duck said...

What a wonderful post. How heartbreaking to be a mom who has lost children.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I loved your post. Although I don't follow that particular blog, I too know the pain of being a mom without a baby here on earth. I had 4 precious angels, but only once did someone send me a mother's day card. It was and still is precious to me. I appreciated the part where you said not to forget those moms on mothers day. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Great post girly!

Come by and visit me.. enter my giveaway!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Valerie that was the most lovely tribute to your friend and a really important reminder that just because you lose a child you are still a parent. My heart just goes out to her and I will certainly be visiting her blog.

We went through two miscarriages and four years of infertility and Mother's Day was almost unbearable. I hope I never forget how that feels and I so appreciate your sweet and heartfelt reminder.

THANK YOU for stopping by from Debbie's and for leaving a comment. It's means so much. :)

I wish YOU a very happy Mother's Day and heaps of blessings.

Robynn

Tricia said...

Beautiful choice!
I read a quote recently that has stuck with me.Part of it goes like this. "A mother's love is like a circle. It has no beginning and no end." -Art Urban
Every mother is a mother forever.
Thank you for sharing.
*Tricia

Anonymous said...

Valerie,
Thank you for this wonderful tribute. I'm truly touched.
(((hugs)))
Alicia

Jeanne said...

Valerie,

Alicia really is amazing. Thank you for honoring her. She is a very special woman.

Jeanne

Wendyburd1 said...

Yay for Alicia/Yaya!! She does indeed rock!