Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good to be Alive!

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while. You know Ray’s birthday is tomorrow so I thought I better get caught up before I post about his birthday. One thing that is bothering me though is that I ordered his present and it has been at the delivery facility up in Cullman since Monday. If it's not down here by tomorrow I'm calling and telling them I want to come get it. I need it by Sunday.

I know it’s been a while but my life, personal and business has been so darn busy. Everyday there’s something to do, every night and I can’t remember a weekend where I didn’t have something going on. So maybe it’ll slow down a little so that I can be more on top of it. I also need to get my emails answered again, both personal and business.

Well let’s see first of all I have to say Happy Birthday to my niece Keely she turned 4. I ended up getting her a Batgirl Barbie since she likes Batgirl so much. She loved it! She’s just so pretty. Also my Dad had a birthday on the 24th of last month. So Happy 70th Birthday Dad! Oh one more happy birthday to my brother Charles he turned 44 on October 1st.

Mom and Manuel just got back from California they had to rush out there because Danny had an aneurysm. When they left he was on life support and he wasn’t expected to live. We were all concerned and worried. He is my oldest brother and we love him. Today he is doing well, thank God, he is in rehab having to learn how to eat, walk and talk. So once again thank God.

So last month I was on Jury duty. This was my first time. The last time I was served was when I was on dialysis and couldn't do it. I was an alternate juror so I didn't get to deliberate but it was an interesting case. I wasn't bored out of my mind and I met some great people.

I know other things happened in September but I think that is just about going to wrap it up. Oh and Alabama is still undefeated, Roll Tide Roll!!!

All in all we have had a great last few weeks. I don’t know how it is around the country where all of my friends and relatives are but I do know one thing; it is absolutely beautiful here today. I woke up listening to the birds, when I got to work they were singing outside my window. It is a good day to be alive!

So this week I have been on the run every day. Sunday we old timers didn’t get home until 4 a.m. It was Rod’s “surprise” 50th birthday party and we had such a good time. I say “surprise” because his neighbor did let it out of the bag the day before. As you all know Rod, Bubba and my husband has been friends since they were 5 years old and all the important events of their lives are shared. There were quite a lot of people there when I first arrived. A lot of people I hadn’t seen in a while were there. Of course all three "brothers" and us three wives were there. After a few people had left a small group showed up. They had been at their high school reunion. I only knew two of the men and one of the ladies. After some introductions and a few hello’s I was surprised when the lady I knew came over to speak to me.

We had been friends a while back. I thought it was a nice gesture for her to do. I just gave her a couple of compliments and answered a few questions. She did mention that she had had surgery and I told her that she knew I knew she had surgery. She said “I know you know about my surgery. This is such a small town and everyone knows everything and then adds to it.” I agreed and said, “That is true”. I told her she looked good. I never would have brought it up but she did, plus everyone does know she had it.

They didn't stay long at all and left right after we talked and it bothered me when one of my friends said, “You know you’re going to regret talking to her don’t you?” I told her “I hope not. Everyone seen that she was doing all of the talking. Other than a couple of compliments and answering a few questions I didn’t say much at all.” She said, “That’s true, she did do most of the talking and you were very nice.” I responded that she had been nice too. She’s so funny though, she said, “But you know that if they were having a parade and it rained they’d blame you.” We all laughed but it’s sad to say that that is the truth.

Still afterwards, it did kind of bother me because she had asked where Summer worked and I had told her. So after that statement about regretting talking to her it made me think that maybe I shouldn’t have told her where she worked. So when we finally did get home Larry asked me how our talk went. I told him ok that I thought it was nice of her. I told him about our friend’s statement and he said, “God I hope not”. I said, “Me either, but you know my gut instinct was to just say thank you and walk away. I told her where Summer worked and now I don’t think that was a good idea.” Larry agreed. So let's hope nothing comes of it, for the life of me I don't know what can. All in all it was still a nice gesture. I was sincere in my compliments and I hope she was too.

Speaking of my husband, I am just so happy with him. We didn’t know if we were going to be able to make it to the party because he had been having gout issues. He was excited that by Saturday he could finally walk on it. I am so blessed that I have a husband that loves me, he is all about me! He’s my best friend and we really enjoy just talking and being together. His support is so important to me. God just keeps blessing me. Not only with Summer, Josh, my Grammyson, my family and friends but with everyday little blessings. I wish everyone was as happy as we are and had the blessings that we have.

Have a blessed day!

Valerie

No comments: