Thursday, December 04, 2008

Tasteful Thursday (yum, yum)

Hello Everyone,

Is there such a thing? Well I don't know but I am going to share with you my football Saturday recipe. I make this every Saturday for the game. It is delicious!

Taco Crescent Ring
2 packages crescent rolls
1 lb. ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
green onions
1 cup sour cream
salsa

Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain off the grease. Add the contents of the taco seasoning and follow package directions.

Unroll the 2 packages of crescent rolls. On a pizza pan or cookie sheet, place the crescent roll wedges in a circle, with the wide side of edge towards the middle, pointed edge towards the outside. This is what it should look like:


Add the cheese to the ground beef and stir it in. Place the ground beef on the crescent rolls. Then wrap the pointed edges around the meat mixture so that it forms a ring. Like this:




Bake at 375 for 12 minutes (I usually make sure the middle is done). It should look like this:




Now you can put the lettuce in the middle, the tomatoes, green onions whatever you want. I usually just leave it like it is and have every thing sitting to the side. It is good with the garnishments but it is good plain too. Let me know if you like it.

I am continuing to revisit SITSta's blogs from Merry SITSmas day. It was a lot of fun. My hands were really tired and I still haven't caught up on my sleep but I would do it again. On a lot of those blogs I seen the "Followers" widget. I decided to add it to my blog. Feel free to click it and be added as one of my followers, that way I can visit you regularly too. Well better get back to work.

Have a blessed day!

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yum...that looks so good! I will definitely be trying that!

Carla said...

oooo, I'm copying this! Thanks:)

in time out said...

that looks amazing. thanks for sharing. i have never heard of tasteful THursday. cool. read you again. fun blog. thanks for visiting me...♥

Aunt Julie said...

Wow, looks delish! Hey, I'm returning visits from the FanTAbulous Merry SITSmas Event the other day. Thanks so much for visiting, and please...come by my place to see how to Pay It Forward during this Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

mrsmouthy said...

Oh man thanks for letting me in on this recipe. It's right up our alley! I'll have to share my cornbread taco bake recipe with you--it's just as easy (but not as cool) and no matter how fancy a recipe I make, my husband and I still think it's the best.

Anonymous said...

Yes it does look yummy! I will be trying this one soon; thank you!

Anonymous said...

Yummo! Looks good!

Tea Time With Melody said...

Ha! Looks very similar to my BBQ Cresent roll. Just keep the cresent rolls intact and sprinkle with flour to roll out a bit. Then put ground beef flavored with your favorite BBQ sauce in the middle and top it off with cheese. Wrap up the sides and bake! I am definately going to try yours! yummy

Laura Marchant said...

Wow, that looks really good. I would bet money this is something the Hubs would eat in a heartbeat.

Kristen Andrews said...

oh yum1

Casey's trio said...

Thanks for stopping by SITSta! Your taco ring recipe sounds yummy...I'll have to give it a try:)

Tabitha Blue said...

That looks great!!!! Thanks!! :) I'll have to try it.

Lianne said...

How pretty! I made this once before but it got so soggy in the middle so fast. Was yours okay? What did I do wrong?

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

This looks delicious right up my alley. Thanks for adding it to the Mr.Linky!

Saph said...

Wow, that looks great!! Bookmarking this! :)