Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Weekend, Bible Study & A Meet Up

Hello Everyone,

We had such a great weekend. Hubs and I did absolutely nothing! I love weekends like that.

Saturday we had Ray and did we have fun. We had bought Ray a used pop up tent a few weeks back well Saturday we discovered we were missing some poles. So being the problem solvers that we are we used the rods that came with our two person motorcycle tent. Let me tell you that before we could get it up Ray was in it! He then was running back and forth putting all of his toys in there with him. He was really having a great time. We have decided that we are going to try to find him one with Diego on it – he loves Diego. lol

On Sunday all of my family but me and my sister were at the lake. I don’t like going to the lake because of my transplant I can’t get in the water. Well that’s what the doctor’s told me. I have an appointment on Thursday and am going to ask again.

Summer, Josh and Ray came over also on Sunday to wish hubs a Happy Father’s Day. Larry wanted another painting from Summer and she painted him on canvas with oils a picture of Big Al leaning against a goal post with a hounds tooth hat on. If you are an Alabama fan you know exactly what I am talking about. Whenever there is a present to be given to him from Summer Larry requests that she paint him something. He absolutely loved it! He had been bugging me all weekend about what the painting would be of. I am happy to say that I did not give in an inch!

Praise the Lord!!! My hubs who was laid off back in April was called back to work!!! He went back yesterday and let me tell you it was just in time. We have made it on my income alone and due to a little tightening of the belt we made it through. We have not gotten any extras (other than my lunches with my sisters lol) and it is good to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I tend to get a little testy when we are low on funds and hubs even remarked that I hadn’t been. I told him that I hadn’t felt like I needed too. I can only attribute that to God because I had the feeling that every thing was going to be ok.

I am excited about today! Today is the start on The LPM Blog of Summer Bible Study!! I am also excited that I am joining a group of ladies here in Birmingham for that study. Jamie at Happy Harper Stories is arranging this group and I am so thankful that she is. She was truly a God send to me. Oh and she has an award for me that I need to go pick up too.

I had so much fun Thursday when I went to my first blogger meet up. I met some great people there and am still trying to visit their blogs. Unfortunately the pictures I took are stuck in my camera as my batteries are dead AGAIN! But hop over to Alabama Bloggers and check out the Rachel’s post about the meeting.

Well I guess that’s all I have for now, I am sure I am forgetting something. Until next time

Have a blessed day!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a good time!! Sounds like that Bible Study is going to be fun too--I'm checking out your link!

Helen McGinn said...

Sounds great! Can't wait to see pics.
H xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your blogger meet up! Fun!

Yay for work!

Tent sounds cute!

Unknown said...

I have another award for you over at my place if you'd like it...(not the one I designed lol..though you are more than welcome to that one too!)