Saturday, June 13, 2009

An Award and Honest Scrap

Hello Everyone,

I got this One Lovely Blog Award from Kris at Hands, House, and Heart Full. Thanks Kris this is one I have never got before. If you don't already know I so love getting awards!! Hop on over and say hello Kris.



Rules:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you have newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Now I know that I am suppose to award this to 15 bloggers but I am going to award it to all of you. If you want it, take it. Please let me know that you did so I can hop over and congratulate you. lol


Kris has also tagged me with this:



The rules are:
* tell everyone 10 things about you they may not know, but are true
*tag 5 bloggers with the award

Okay I haven't got this one before either. So here are 10 things about me you may not know:

1. I am an Artist. I have been drawing all of my life. In high school I won several awards for my art work. My favorite medium is oils, but I enjoy pen and ink also.

2. I am a great seamstress. While my daughter was young I made a lot of her clothes. I always made her Halloween outfits. I still have all of her Halloween outfits in my closet along with other special clothing of hers.

3. I love watching UFC fighting. I love the Gracie's.

4. I am allergic to cats.

5. I am a very blunt and to the point kind of person. To a fault, I have been told. But that is how I am. I do not put on airs and what you see is what you get.

6. I am honest. Do not ask me a question and not want an honest answer. The other day my sister's friend, who is going through a divorce, asked me what I thought about something. As I started to tell her, my sister was doing the hand across her throat motion trying to get me to be quiet. I said "Look, she's known me for over 30 years, she knows I'm going to tell her what I think and if she doesn't want to hear it, she doesn't need to ask. So don't hush me."

7. I am always right. Really I am. I will not open my mouth about a subject if I don't know it or am not sure about it. I will not argue with anyone unless I know that I am positively correct in what I am arguing about.

8. I am a very crafty person. I enjoy cross stitching, knitting, crocheting, smocking, paper quilling, paper mache, embroidery (both by hand and machine) and of course painting.

9. I was born and raised in Los Angeles California until I was 13 when we moved to Alabama.

10. I have 5 siblings - 3 sisters and 2 brothers. Plus I have 5 step-brothers and 4 step-sisters. All of my step-brother's and sister's live in California. They have been a part of my family since I was 5 years old. My youngest brother passed away in 1988.

Now I have to tag 5 people, I'd like to know these ladies a little better, so I tag:

1. Jen at Haute Whimsy
2. Melissa at Sweet Serendipity
3. Shawn Ann at Shawn Ann's World
4. Kristen at The Self Family
5. Shari at Spearmint Baby


Hop over and check them out. Thanks again Kris I appreciate you thinking of me. I hope you have a great Saturday!!

Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award and to those you passed it on to. Well deserved :)

Brooke said...

I enjoyed all of the interesting facts about you and thanks for the award that you gave all of your bloggy friends!

Sparky said...

Congrats to you and all the ones that got passed an award! Good show. :o) xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your awards!! Stopping by from SITS!

Sweet Serendipity said...

Oh what fun! I haven't been tagged with this one yet. Thanks for sharing all the great insights about you ;D