Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Larry!!!

Hello Everyone,

Well, Larry's birthday was August 25th he was 48 years young. I got off early and we had his favorite dinner which consists of shrimp, crab and lobster cakes and, of course, red velvet cake, his favorite. He spent the day moving my old furniture out so Hannah Home could pick them up, he was making room for my new furniture. Later he went riding with his uncle to who knows where. Summer called him and had the girls at work sing happy birthday to him, he said it made him feel 25 again. I guess that's what 18 - 21 year old girls do to a man when they sing to him. LOL. Around midnight we went riding. It was so nice, it was cool and there weren't any cars on the road. We rode until around 3 a.m. We stopped at a park for a while and just sat there and talked before heading home. I must admit before our little ride we had a little tiff. Nothing serious - you know how married folks are sometimes. But gosh men can make you mad over the stupidist little thing. This is a picture of Larry on his bike it was taken on his birthday.

He's wearing all his leather except his jacket it was in his saddlebags.

Well, we all know that football season is just around the corner. Alabama's first game is this Saturday and I want you to know that me and Larry both are so anxious and excited we can hardly wait for Saturday to get here. I had bought Larry a Big Al doll several weeks ago and it sings the Alabama fight song, he also dances, Larry has been playing with that thing all weekend. I thought I would post the words for those of you who don't know them. So here they are:

"Yea, Alabama!"
Yea, Alabama! Drown 'em Tide!
Every 'Bama man's behind you;
Hit your stride!
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave,
Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave!
And if a man starts to weaken,
That's a shame!
For 'Bama's pluck and grit
Have writ her name in crimson flame!
Fight on, fight on, fight on, men!
Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then!
Go, roll to victory,
Hit your stride,
You're Dixie's football pride, Crimson Tide!
So there you go! I also want to add that my nephew Tony is officially a student at Alabama moving there on the 18th. We had a dinner for him and actually ran into a few friends and some family members. There were some teary eyes but everyone managed to hold them in. We are so proud of him.
I hope I post before Saturday but if I don't all I can say is ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Have a blessed day!

Valerie


No comments: