Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Music, Saturday, Bikes and Sickies

Hello Everyone,

I was visiting over at Kymber's @ A New Day Dawning today and fell in love with this song she had on her blog. I had never heard it before. I hope you enjoy it!





Such a beautiful song and also a reminder that when we need to all we have to do is Cry Out To Jesus and He will be there for us!


Saturday was very busy for me. My day started early as I had to babysit my 4 year old niece. My niece is very talkative. I had forgot how much children talk at this age and how many questions they ask. What I did enjoy was how many times she told me during the day that she loved me. "I love you Auntie Val" beautiful words!


First we had to drop my Chico baby off at the groomers. He didn't like this at all. We had a busy day with shopping for a baby shower gift. Then we went shopping for several other items I needed. Off to the Dollar Store for wrapping paper (yeah I'm cheap!). I bought her and Ray a little something there. Then we went to visit Ray and Summer. Off we all went to meet my sister to drop off my niece. Then we were off to the baby shower.

We had a really good time and it was nice chatting with old friends. My daughter still had a wedding to go to that night but not me. I was lucky enough to go home. I was napping by 5:00 p.m.

It was around 8:30 p.m. when I woke up. I heard an all too familiar sound in our driveway. It was a Harley. But what was confusing in the mist of me waking up was that a stereo sound was coming from the Harley. So I woke Larry up and said someone is here on a Harley blaring their stereo. We have a lot of friends with Harley's and my mind was trying to think who do we know that has a stereo on their Harley?

Well it turned out to be some very old friends of my husband's. His old traveling and riding buddies. This friend of his hasn't had a Harley in over 10 years. My hubs was so excited that one of his old riding buddies has finally bought one. Although I didn't get a picture of their bike because it was so dark outside here is basically what they bought.



So they visited with us for a couple of hours and we made plans to go riding this weekend. My hubs is so looking forward to it. They have just had their 2nd grandchild six weeks ago and we were telling them that our second would be here in September.

We were all just amazed about how time has flown by and that our children are now parents. It has been quite a while since both Larry and I had seen Penny. We see more of her husband since he works with Larry. So it really was a nice visit and I look forward to this weekend.

It was Sunday when things started getting a little bad for me. I woke up feeling ok but as the morning progessed I just got to feeling the sickies. Larry and I both just laid around the house not doing much of anything. Well Monday morning I got up and was knocked to my knees. I was just so sick feeling. It lasted all day and I spent most of it in bed.

Larry was feeling fine until Tuesday evening. That is also when our dog even got sick and I was cleaning up after him. By Tuesday evening I was feeling better but both of their fun had just begun. Larry was still feeling ill this morning and since he hasn't called me all day I am feeling like he still doesn't feel well. I am happy to report that my dog is feeling much better though. lol

Well I guess that is all I have for now. I need to wrap things up here at work and head to Wally World! I hope everyone has a great evening. Until next time

Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry you were sick. :(

Other than being ill the weekend sounds nice!

kymber said...

Hi Valerie,
Thanks for stopping by to say hi yesterday - it is so nice to meet you! Glad that you liked the song. I just love Third Day! On Sunday mornings I try to put up songs that mean something to me. I love to worship the Lord through songs of praise!

I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I hope today is a better day for you.

Don't you just love Harley's? My hubby and I toyed around with the idea of getting one and traveling to Sturgis with all of the other bikers. Sounds like so much fun! Maybe one day....
Blessings on your day today,
Kymber

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

~hello~ Thank you for stoping by my blog to visit. I love this song...have the cd and listen to it alot. Have a blessed day.